Nigeria has over 96 million people with access to tech, yet the full potential of tech isn’t being accessed by a majority. Have you ever dreamed of working in Tech without knowing how to code? Keep on reading
In Tech, there are lots of jobs and technical skills that don’t involve coding at all. For instance design, data analysis, setting up systems and processes, project management, technical writing and user (experience) research.
User Experience research is one of the technical skills you can learn without the knowledge of coding.
User experience research is about fully learning and understanding how customers interact with your product and observing how easily customers can complete their goals or the desired action. The User experience research process allows you to discover customer behaviors, needs, motivation, likes and dislikes and other types of user feedback
User research experience is a skill that is valuable to a lot of business industries such as FinTech, EduTech, HealthTech, AgriTech, Marketing and so on. It can also be applied in your personal life.
Why should you, small and medium scale enterprises, large scale enterprises, and entrepreneurs learn and invest in user experience research? Let’s find out
IMPORTANCE OF USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCH
· It enables you to learn about competitors’ products
· It provides an essential foundation for design strategy
· To understand the return on investment(ROI) of your User experience(UX) design
· To create designs that are valuable and relevant to your users
· It saves time and money
· It helps to develop things right
· Increase in conversion rates, user engagement, usage of product and profit
· Reduction in user support requirement
· Ensures users can complete their actions/tasks without making mistakes
HOW TO CARRY OUT USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCH
There are 2 methods to do this, they are the qualitative and the quantitative research
When you hear quantitative, what comes to your mind is numbers and it is no different here, the qualitative method of UX research focuses on numbers and mathematical calculations and it is also called the statistical method.
The qualitative research is primarily exploratory and is used to quantify the problem using mathematical methods to generate data. Common user research experience methods that can provide quantitative data are surveys, click test, A/B tests, eye tracking studies, heat mapping, web analytics and systematic observations
Qualitative research on the other hand collects data you cannot measure, the data is mostly descriptive, and it is often used to explain why things are happening. Qualitative Research is simply a direct assessment process based on observation. Since qualitative data can’t be measured, it has to be interpreted by the User experience researcher
Common methods that can provide qualitative data are usability tests, interviews, focus groups, guerrilla testing, field studies, card sorting.
HOW USER EXPERIENCE RESEARCH CAN BE APPLIED IN VARIOUS BUSINESS SECTORS
1. Biztech- User Experience Research is one of the best ways businesses increase adoption for their product, reduce churn and maximize returns per user. It helps to empathize and address the actual needs of users in the design of their service or products.
2. FinTech: FinTech Industries apply User Experience Research skills and knowledge when creating apps. FinTech companies use User Experience Research and strong design to differentiate their products from competitors, therefore giving them a competitive advantage
3. Marketing: User Experience is an important factor for customer growth, it also determines the retention of customers or clients,
4. HealthTech: Healthcare industries incorporate User Experience Research when launching healthcare mobile apps or websites. Due to good User Experience Research and User Experience design, patients have been able to easily use these apps to see a doctor virtually, book appointments, order drugs and so on. This has increased the growth of mobile apps and websites for the healthcare industry.
5. AgriTech: Expertise in User Experience Research and User interface development is important for building successful applications, websites and software. Due to better User Experience Research, farmers have been to track weather reports, buy seeds for harvesting, track soil reports and a few other things. It has also led to an increase in investments made in the Agritech industry
Don’t let your knowledge stop here, Learn more reasons why User Experience matters in WayMaker Digital’s free Live Webinar
. USER EXPERIENCE TIPS
- Identify what needs to be tested and why (e.g. a new product, feature, etc.)
- Identify the target audience and understand their needs and demands
- Maintain consistency of the user flow throughout the journey.
- Identify who your users are, what their needs are and what they want
- Identify how your users currently do things and how they would like to do them
- Keep it simple
USER RESEARCH EXPERIENCE FACTS
- 88% of online shoppers say they wouldn’t return to a website after having a bad user experience.
- 70% of online businesses that fail do so because of bad usability.
- Better UI could raise your website’s conversion rate by 200%, and better X design could yield conversion rates of up to 400%
- Over 70% of small business websites do not use a call to action buttons
- Just over half (55%) of companies conduct UX tests.
For More facts, watch our Free Live Webinar: Careers and Opportunities in User Research.
“Momentum” – our fully remote digital work placement at WayMaker Digital.“MOMENTUM” was created to deliver the need for experienced and skilled professionals within the digital technology space. At WayMaker Digital, we have discovered that companies/recruiters need experienced staff not just trained people. Recently many leading companies have changed their approach about requiring degrees, including Google, Netflix, Tesla, IBM, Penguin Random House, Bank of America, Hilton and Apple.
There are many high-paying jobs and fast growing careers that emphasise work experience, such as web development, product management, and other tech-related positions.
Momentum fees would be used to cover private mentoring, on the job coaching, licencing for toolkits, work resources and training portal access across six technology-related disciplines highlighted below:
- Agile Project Management
- Product Management
- User Experience Research
- Business Analysis
- Web Application Development
- Data Analysis and Reporting
Click Here to Learn More about Momentum by WayMaker Digital.