User Experience Research has found so many applications in business in recent times as more businesses are adopting a customer-centric approach to solving problems and proffering solutions to real user needs. In this article, we examine how user experience research can be applied in various business sectors. We will use the acronym UX throughout the rest of this article to represent User Experience.
- BizTech- UX Research is one of the best ways businesses increase adoption for their product, reduce churn and maximize returns per user. User Research helps to empathize and address the actual needs of users in the design of their service or products.
- FinTech: FinTech Industries apply UXResearch skills and knowledge when creating apps. FinTech companies use UX Research and strong design to differentiate their products from competitors, therefore giving them a competitive advantage
- Marketing: User Experience is an important factor for customer growth, it also determines the retention of customers or clients.
- HealthTech: Healthcare industries incorporate UX Research when launching healthcare mobile apps or websites. Due to good UX Research and UX design, patients have been able to easily use these apps to see a doctor virtually, book appointments, order drugs and so on. This has increased the growth of mobile apps and websites for the healthcare industry.
- AgriTech: Expertise in UX Research and User interface development is important for building successful applications, websites and software. Due to better UX Research, farmers have been to track weather reports, buy seeds for harvesting, track soil reports and a few other things. UX Research has also led to an increase in investments made in the Agritech industry
Don’t let your knowledge stop here, learn more reasons why User Experience matters in this WayMaker Digital’s free Live Webinar Below: Careers and Opportunities in User Research.
How to Carry Out User Experience Research
There are 2 methods to do this, they are the qualitative and the quantitative research.
When you hear quantitative, what comes to your mind is numbers and it is no different here, the qualitative method of UX research focuses on numbers and mathematical calculations and it is also called the statistical method.
The qualitative research is primarily exploratory and is used to quantify the problem using mathematical methods to generate data. Common user research experience methods that can provide quantitative data are surveys, click test, A/B tests, eye tracking studies, heat mapping, web analytics and systematic observations
Qualitative research on the other hand collects data you cannot measure, the data is mostly descriptive, and it is often used to explain why things are happening. Qualitative Research is simply a direct assessment process based on observation. Since qualitative data can’t be measured, it has to be interpreted by the User experience researcher
Common User Research experience methods that can provide qualitative data are usability tests, interviews, focus groups, guerrilla testing, field studies, card sorting.
conclusion: introducing the momentum
“Momentum” – our fully remote digital work placement at WayMaker Digital.“MOMENTUM” was created to deliver the need for experienced and skilled professionals within the digital technology space. At WayMaker Digital, we have discovered that companies/recruiters need experienced staff not just trained people. Recently many leading companies have changed their approach about requiring degrees, including Google, Netflix, Tesla, IBM, Penguin Random House, Bank of America, Hilton and Apple.
There are many high-paying jobs and fast-growing careers that emphasise work experiences, such as web development, product management, and other tech-related positions.
Momentum fees would be used to cover private mentoring, on the job coaching, licencing for toolkits, work resources and training portal access across six technology-related disciplines highlighted below:
- Agile Project Management
- Product Management
- User Experience Research
- Business Analysis
- Web Application Development
- Data Analysis and Reporting
Click Here to Learn More about Momentum by WayMaker Digital.